How to fish for your new followers on Social media
Whenever people ask me “How can I make my social media accounts successful?”, my immediate response is all about storytelling and don’t even dare to talk about buying followers…
Social media is not rocket science especially because of So I came up with 5 simple steps of how you can make your community bigger:
- Have a clear Story- Who are you, what are your messages, what info about you/your life/ your product you want to share, how can you share it by telling a story (it’s all about storytelling these days).
- Understand the needs of you audience– but before that, who is your audience? who are you targeting? if you could line up people that will follow your account and be part of your community, who would they be? how would they look like?
- Think about the content- before you post something, ask yourself, “Is the content good enough?” and even try to put yourself in the eyes of your target audience, “Would you be interested in the posts and content?”. If the answer is “no” or “not sure”- Don’t post it.
- Invest time and engage- Find similar accounts that share content that relevant to yours and start conversations with them. Engage with people that are using hashtags that you are using. Try to think where your potential followers will be and talk to them there. Contact big accounts (influencers) and offer them content and collaborations (aka shoutout).
- Enjoy– if you lose the passion and joy of sharing on your content, your followers and community will feel that you are tired and in that case, they will get tired of you.
I believe that the same best practice can be implemented in blogging too; When I started this blog I was thinking people like me that are: passionate about social media, food lovers and the world travelers and since then I tend to tailor my content, tags, categories for them.